Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is it too old to learn how to wear makeup?

I'm almost 22 and I have never put on makeup in my life. My mother never taught me how and I never wear it. I don't even wear lip gloss, just lip balm if I need it. I am afraid that with graduation, I will have to wear at least a bit of make up for interviews and things. I look very young and it just feels weird to wear makeup but I think I have to start. I have no idea how to start and what to buy or use. Do you see it neccesary to start wearing makeup? If so, where do I start? And I have very good skin, so I don't want to mess that up...Is it too old to learn how to wear makeup?
Ok, I love make-up, so heres my advice. Since you don't normally wear it, but would like to doll up a little bit for grad, I would say, buy a shimmery powder by revlon called skin lights, it'll add a nice glow to your already nice skin. Also, stay away from lipsticks, too unnatural for you. Apply maybe one colour of eyeshadow to your lid to add a bit of girliness, a color that matches you dress and finish with some mascara. That way, you can add a bit of make up without over doing it according to your comfort level.Is it too old to learn how to wear makeup?
You are never to old! i learn something new everyday!
it is never to late to try makeup and no it is not nessacery..but i would just start by asking one of ur close friends to teach u how to do some things..also u can fund great makup advice in magazines like cosmo girl and other fashion/makup magazines..good luck and dont be shy with ur makup!
no ur neva to old to learn new tricks. just be careful on wat make up u use. i have sensative skin so i have to make sure on wateva make up i use i wont break out. i think the best make up store is MAC. they can also give u a make over. u should go in there and make an appointment and u can also learn from them, theyll teach u.
You're never too old to learn, sweetie. The best thing I can recommend for you to do is try the Mary Kay Virtual Makeover at http://www.marykay.com/daryn_anderson Select the model that best represents your hair color, eye color and skin tone. This will give you an idea of what colors will look best on you. Once you've gathered your colors, click on Application Tips. This will give you step-by step instructions on how to apply your makeup. I really love it because under Eye Application, it will tell you how to apply eye makeup for your specific type of eyes, not just a general application. Under Lip Application they will give you tips on how to make your lips look smaller or fuller. I love this site and have recommended it to other people. I think it's great for beginners like you. Hope this helps! =)
Wearing makeup is completely up to you...I'm 22 and I love a natural look...I completely understand about graduating and interviews because I'm graduating on Thursday...I use Philosophy ';the present'; clear makeup its awesome alone as foundation or as a moisturizer under your foundation...I use Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Therapeutic Herbal Concealer is great for covering up any blemishes, etc... the foundation I use is Laura Geller Balance and Brighten and Laura Geller Bronze and Brighten...these cover blemishes, freckles, or another spots that happen to show up...I use Laura Geller raspberry truffle cream blush its goes on really good and gives you a natural glow...I use Laura Geller chocolate mousse eyeshadow, its awesome, I wear it everyday and I love it!!...I use Bare Escentuals Big Tease Mascara and I love it too...to keep your beautiful skin be sure to wash your face morning and night and use a scrub...I love Philosophy ';the greatest love';...I hope this helps!!...good luck and congrats on graduation!!
No, it aint to old, u r at a perfect age, u know if you just buy like Maybelline, NYC, Revlon, etc. stuff you find at drug stores is not that expensive, dont listen tp people and buy stuff at deparment stores like CHANNEL and all that cuz it is not worth it,($50) no way!!!, hope you wear makeup cuz it is so awesome, have fun!!!
Of course you can learn to wear makeup!! make yourself beautiful. Just play around with it and you will be able to teach yourself. There is not too much that is difficult with it. I would pick natural colors though so it does not overwhelm your look, that way you will still look natural but you can highlight your features. Have fun!
good for you.. by not wearing as long as you have... im addicted.. i wont answer the door before i put on my face... lol id try bare minerals... very light.. feels like nothing... they'll send you a dvd with all the info you need for the makeup... bare minerals is on infomercials... but it is very good... a bit expensive... but i love it .. a little goes a long way with it...
I am the same way. I'm not big on make-up either but I did finally find one brand that is very easy and still takes care of my nice skin too. Bare Minerals from Bare essentials. It's a powder so you can't mess it up. It even comes with an instruction dvd. You can check their website or try QVC first for better prices and better sets. It is a little pricey but it lasts a long time. I don't need make-up either but every now and then I like it. Bare Minerals does't look fake or plastered on, it really does work with your skin and coloring so you get the best part of you looking even better. And... if you are too tired or forget to wash it off it's okay. You can sleep in this stuff and it's still good for your skin. You might forget you're wearing it because it's so light. I hope this helps!
its great that you havent touched makeup.....once u go with it...its addictive and its hard to go a day without.......you are never too old to learn how to apply it
I don't think you ever HAVE to wear makeup, but it will make you look a little more mature/professional and best of all--it's FUN! :)


I recommend checking out books by Paula Begoun (esp, Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me), and Kevyn Aucoin's The Art of Makeup (but only if you can get it at the library--it is one pricey book!)


Allure is a magazine devoted--no joke--pretty much entirely to makeup.


The reason I recommend Paula Begoun is that she gives the best advice in terms of products that are good to your skin. You might also want to try the new mineral-based makeups that are natural looking %26amp; very gentle on skin.


You don't have to wear makeup every day, and you can start little with just mascara and a tinted lip balm. Those were the items I was allowed to have...when I was 11 and begging to get to wear makeup! :)


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting