Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I have a ton of unused, expensive ';someday'; makeup in my bathroom. How can I bring myself to throw it out?

This are remnants of makeup gifts or free gift specials that I set aside thinking those colors would work better at different seasons, with different fashions, etc. Only I never get around to wearing them. These are name brand cosmetics, lotions, cleansers, etc and in excellent condition. I would like to Freecycle them, and free up the under sink space. I'm having a hard time letting go because this stuff costs so much new. Convince me it's worth it to get rid of it!I have a ton of unused, expensive ';someday'; makeup in my bathroom. How can I bring myself to throw it out?
I have the same problem as you.


One day, acutally about a month ago, I just decided I needed to unclutter my life. I took a deep breath, just put it ALL in a bag and put in my garage for a week. I didn't miss it for that week, so I took it to the local women's shelter.





Best of luck!I have a ton of unused, expensive ';someday'; makeup in my bathroom. How can I bring myself to throw it out?
sell the unopened ones on ebay...
I know I hate to throw good cosmetic items too and for hygienic reasons you can't donate them I just would say ';oh well since I have not used them they might be unsanitary or out dated' They could cause my skin to have an unpleasant reaction then you would have to deal with that too. Just put them in a trash bag and dump them.
the lotions and bath products can be donated to your local VFW for the soldiers in Iraq. i know my VFW sends boxes of stuff like that all the time.


the makeup, you can offer it on www.craigslist.org, one price takes it all, specify it is new, take a picture of it..


donating to the soldiers, that is not hard to do, they are risking their lives for us, and a few bottles of lotion, even tampons are used to hold bullet wounds until they can get medical help..


and the stuff you sell, put the money away to use for the stuff you do use when you run out..


good luck





i guess thinking you were donating to a good cause might help you part with it easier...i know, i do the same thing..not just with makeup....
you dont have to throw it out you can just put it away and save it for later or you can giveit to a friend or sibling
Give it to someone.
I would love to have it.
I had to do the same not so long ago. First, throw out anything that you had to long and is no longer good. Mascara expires quickly. Throw out those colors you won't wear! You may think you will, but won't. If you wear shades of browns on your eyes daily, just keep the browns. Foundations aren't worth keeping if they don't match your skin. Put one of the lotions in your purse and bring one work. I keep face cleansers in the shower and I use daily. Pack it all in a bag and gift it to someone else.
  • layered hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    php hosting