Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Does anyone work for MAC makeup? If so, how do you apply with them? do you really have to submit a portfolio?

I live in California. And looking for a weekend job with the MAC store.Does anyone work for MAC makeup? If so, how do you apply with them? do you really have to submit a portfolio?
Remember the following points for MAC:





1. Wear a nice outfit in all black to your interview.





2. Be as bubbly as you can!





3. For your interview, put on your own makeup as fantastic as you can get it!( not to heavy, just natural)





4. If they really like you, they may have you do the face of someone during your interview.





5. You will probably use the cosmetics there at MAC.





6. If you like working in golds the most, that is fine, but don't limit yourself too much. Do your own face in what makes you look the best!





7. My friend says it can be really hard to get in, she says they get about 800 applications (a day?). She got in by a referral of someone she knew.





Here is a link at the bottom for you.





Good Luck!!!Does anyone work for MAC makeup? If so, how do you apply with them? do you really have to submit a portfolio?
You certaintaly do, I brought in like 2 before and after shot and they wanted more. The minimum is 10 the mac is 20 they call it the mac instead of the max. Anyway they want you to do twentry
I don't work for them YET, I have an interview tomorrow. It's through a retail counter...so not the MAC store. When I talked to the MAC store, they advised me they only hire from within: so they only hire makeup artists already working for MAC in a department store setting. I wasn't asked for a portfolio or anything, I had my initial interview already and it was mostly questions about sales and retail experience.
Call MAC and ask the procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting