Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do i wash my makeup brushes and get them to feel soft again?

i have some nice brushes so i washed them with shampoo and then i put some conditioner on them , rinsed and air dried. but now they feel scratchy on my face. how do i fix it?How do i wash my makeup brushes and get them to feel soft again?
I wash my brushes with either the cleanser I use on my face, Dr. Bronners castile soap or a natural baby shampoo.





Sometimes though, even soft brushes will get rough after washing...they may or may not be fixable, unfortunatley.





Good luck. If they are still rough, try getting synthetic brushes from Lumiere Mineral Cosmetics. They simply are fabulous %26amp; they remain soft wash after wash. I love them %26amp; they are so worth the money...which really isn't very expensive. I have so many cosmetic brushes in my collection (different synthetics, Italian Badger, high quality goat, sable %26amp; even squirrel blend) and Lumiere's are my favorite. These are the best for my ultra sensitive skin. I will never buy animal hair again!How do i wash my makeup brushes and get them to feel soft again?
MAC has a make up brush cleaner! its in a pink bottle and it last you FOREVER i think it is around $25!
you have lots of options for washing brushes. i personally use a few methods to keep my brushes clean. i use a spray cleaner daily and a mix-with-water solution every weekend.





for quick cleans during the day, i use Brush Off. $14 at sephora. this is a spray that can be applied to any brush that has a powder makeup on it. the spray causes the powder to bead to the top of the bristles, and then you just swipe on a tissue to clean. this is a quick fix only, and not to be used as a substitute for regular washing.





for weekend washing, i use Merle Norman Conditioning Brush Cleaner. $5 at merle norman. this is a liquid that is added to a bowl of warm water, and can clean powders and liquids from bristles. add a capful, and swirl brushes. let sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse under warm water until water runs clear. reshape bristles and lay flat. let dry completely before reuse.





both natural and synthetic brushes should be cleaned regularly for optimal performance and sanitation. mac and sephora also offer brush cleaners at about $10. johnson baby shampoo or dial hand soap (the ';gold'; one) can also be used to wash brushes. NEVER use a brush that is not completely dry.
Brush cleaner, or baby shampoo (way cheaper than brush cleaner). Just rub it around gently in your hand with warm water.
When washing makeup brushes, wash them in baby shampoo, which is very gentle. Lay them to air dry so the brush head is hanging over a sink or counter (thereby allowing air to get to them better). Don't towel dry or wring them out. Let them dry for about 24 hours. They should be fine and soft after that.
  • low cost web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    php hosting